Followers

Saturday, January 3, 2015

New Year, New Start

How I love to start projects right after Christmas!  The cards and shopping are done, the cooking and baking are done.  Wonderful time of the year to curl up with a needle or needles!

But wait....  I have unfinished projects.

If I apply that post-Christmas ambition to those UFOs, I could make REAL progress.

So, for the last 20 - 25 years, I have designated January as the month of NO NEW STARTS (unless it is for a class).

Since my favorite part of any project is starting it, this just kills me (I got the cutest kit today!!) but I will wait till 12:01AM on February 1st.

Besides getting things done, it starts out my list of completions with a bang and I just want to keep adding to it. 

As I've tried to decided what the lucky projects are, I thought I should make a list of intentions for the month of January and here it is:

1.  Lori Smith's "Anna's Garden" All inner blocks are appliqued, two corner blocks made, one side border appliqued.  Just need to finish those three sides, two corners, wash the blocks and assemble.
Nice handpiecing for movie time.

2.  Lori Holt's "Quilty Fun" row quilt. I just need to make the two solid rows and one more narrow row, border squares and assemble.

3.  Matchmaker runner for DVQ quilt show.

4.  Indigo challenge

5.  Quilt the Eskimo quilt

Wish me luck!

Oh, and by the way, I went to Katie's Club at Calico Hutch today and she said we had to have 5 blocks done on our new project before the beginning of February.  I do get to start something new!

Happy stitching!

No comments: